CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 19 July 2010

Discipline - One step closer to God.

Hey guys, been quite some time. Well a week to be exact. Tonight, I'll be blogging about something abit serious, so no pictures.

Well anyways, I'm gonna talk about discipline.

Discipline is NOT, I repeat NOT limiting or restraining. *at some point it is but not all the time*

Discipline can also be liberating and enabling.

Life is a matter of freedom and bondage.
-> IF YOU CHOOSE ONE FREEDOM, YOU GET ONE CORRESPONDING BONDAGE.

-> IF YOU CHOOSE A BONDAGE, YOU GET A CORRESPONDING FREEDOM.

E.g.
If you place yourself in bondage to brushing your teeth everyday, you have the corresponding freedom from cavity.

If you exercise the freedom of not brushing your teeth, you have the corresponding bondage of cavities

If you indulge yourself in total freedom, you will never get any of the things you want out of life.
E.g.
I want to go college but I don't have enough money. So its either I start working hard to earn money or give up my desire for college.

In order to get something we desire the most, we must learn to sacrifice something. We must be willing to pay the price of that something we desire!

SEVERAL KEYS TO DEVELOPING GREATER DISCIPLINE:

1) COMMIT
--> begin by commiting our lives totally to the Lord and making the decision to be more disciplined!

2) PRAY
-->God answers prayer, and prayer for the fruit of the Spirit is prayer! God will be pleased to answer. But we must have PATIENCE

3) CHOOSE
--> decide what do you think God wants for your life. Don't worry if you're not sure about it(pray about it and see what God has to say). The key is to begin!

4) IDENTIFY
--> establish your core values.

5) PRIORITIZE
--> make sure you distinguish the non-negotiables in your life from those things that are merely strong desires.

What does the Bible teach about discipline?
--> the Bible teaches us that self-discipline is a virtue and a fruit of the Spirit we all ought to possess
* 1 Corinthians 9 : 24 - 27 *

How do we develop more discipline?
--> we develop ,ore discipline by being faithful in small things and gradually going onto bigger things.

Note: You will never be more disciplined until you gain more self-control, but you cannot gain more self-comtrol until you are more disciplined!

*when striving for greater discipline, start with one thing at a time.*
This takes me back when I first joined acts29. I always go home very late until my mom scolds and nags me cuz of it. But i really tried to say no and know my real priorities. Up until now, I cannot say that I'm completely fine with my time of being home, honestly, not completely. But atleast i'm doing something about it and I'm learning from my mistakes and thank God, I'm not being nagged by mom all the time. Cuz she can see even a lil change. Changes starts with you. If you really want to change, work hard for it!

Set goals! If you accomplised one, set a new one!

So yeah, that's what I've learnt about disciplined and I'm applying it to life. Don't worry it will definitely take time but surely, you'll be able to make it. I believe in you! I'm learning it myself! Good luck!

0 comments: